OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Celebrating St. Patrick's Day with Cupcakes

 This is where the journey of the green Cup Cakes ended. I was off today and wanted to do something green for tomorrow, St. Patrick's Day. There were other options for green food items, like Green Eggs and Ham, but I went with the Cup Cakes.       

 The cake mix was handy and I had a bottle of green food coloring left over from Christmas.  Yeah.. I dye food for all Holidays.  Keeps your family and friends entertained.
                                                                                                              


This is the before.  Cake mix, eggs, oil and water.Looks a little plain, don't you think?



 Mix it up with your 30 year old hand mixer.  It is a collectible for sure.  Harvest Gold??  Who makes that anymore?



So.. in goes the green dye.  Looks black..... or even blue.   Trust me. It is definitely green. 




Let the mixing begin!!   The green is added a little bit by little bit.  Nah!!   Not true.  I could not stop myself....
 



 I always think more is better.  In in this case... it definitely is better!!  Look at that lovely green color. 




The cupcakes are a lovely shade of green after baking per the box directions.  Absolutely perfect!



Well, let me rephrase that.  Perfect is when the cupcake is iced and decorated for St. Patrick's Day. 
This is the final outcome of my baking fun.  A beautiful green cupcake, with Cream cheese frosting and of course, Shamrock Sprinkles.  Tomorrow is now complete. 

How will you be celebrating St. Pat's Day? 

Pin It

5 comments:

Lindy Mint said...

Those look lovely, and yummy! I heard just yesterday about a friend of mine who added green food coloring to her toilets for St. Patrick's day. My son's daycare gave them green milk at lunch.

Who says the holiday has to be complicated? All you need is green dye. :)

Lisa said...

Love the green toilet water idea!

Seattle Short Sale said...

This really is such a great resource that you’re offering and also you give it out for free. I enjoy looking at websites that comprehend the value of offering a perfect useful resource free of charge. I really loved studying your submit.

Seattle Short Sale said...

This really is such a great resource that you’re offering and also you give it out for free. I enjoy looking at websites that comprehend the value of offering a perfect useful resource free of charge. I really loved studying your submit.

Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your cupcakes look SO YUMMY. Im your newest follower on your blog now.
I hope you come join my Tablescapes if you can. I hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
Diane

ShareThis