OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Tree Is Up and Updates

The Christmas Tree went up the day after Thanksgiving. We went to KMart on Black Friday and picked it up for half price. The tree we had last year, the lights eventually went dead. That is what happens when you use your Christmans tree for a night light for about 3 months.

 

This is our third year with a white artificial tree. I really like it.

 

This weekend, my husband and I went to my mom's house ( currently renting to my son) to pick up some of her Christmas stuff. The is a manger scene that I had put together with the the of Woolworths that I wanted to display at my house.

 

Since we had my daughter's truck we decided to go through all of the remaining boxes of my mom's stuff. Initially, I thought I neded to keep some if not most of her things. My way of hanging on I guess. But, it has been six months since she passed and I know feel differently. All of the boxes of the Early American Prescut ( there were two truck loads) were sent to Goodwill.

 

Then I went through the remaining bags of clothes and other household items that were in her garage and went to the Goodwill too. All in all, almost four truckloads of stuff went to Goodwill. It was bittersweet, but I feel like a weight has been lifted. I did save her Christmas stuff and what I don't want I am letting the kids pick out what they want.

 

Sunday marked a year since my dad passed. We did not do anything special, although I thought I might. The day was more for reflection than anything else. Plus, dad was not the type for any attention when he was living. In fact, one of his last wishes was that he be buried in Wisconsin without ceremony or anyone there. He stated he wanted to leave this world like he entered it, "alone!"

 

Tomorrow is probate court. I have no idea what to expect and even after asking the paralegal, I still have no idea. Curiously enough, the judge presiding is the same judge who presided over the Casey Anthony case. The honorable Belvin a Perry. The paralegal did say dress appropriately ( not in beach wear) duh.... And remove all sharp items from your purse.

 

I hope after tomorrow we can move forward regarding mom's estate. But, I won't count my chickens before they hatch.

 

No comments:

ShareThis