OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Mid Week Review

The family has worked diligently towards lowering the electric bill by turning off lights in the room when they leave, we have all been washing clothes and then hanging them out to dry on the clothesline and we have been able to NOT run the AC as the weather is cool and dry. We have incorporated compact flourescent light bulbs into two of the bedrooms. (Each room has four recessed lights, so we are transitioning each room every paycheck or so). They do take some getting use to, but It will payoff when we get our next electric bill. (fingers crossed!) I still have been able to NOT use the toll road in the morning, saving 75 cents each day, and I have avoided the 7-11 as well. I was tempted to go there today, I was craving chocolate like crazy!!! But,, Luckily one of the girls at work overheard me talking about my need for a chocolate fix and pulled out her chocolate stash of halloween M & M candies. Yum!!! Both packs were wonderful!! So,,, I have been working on the YNAB (you need a budget) and plugging in all the info, I am anxious to see the positive progress in my money management that this program will provide.

3 comments:

Denise Mall said...

A budget is always the hardest part! Your on your way! Good Luck!

Maria said...

You'll be pleasantly surprised by working with a budget(spending plan). All those little holes will be plugged up! Good luck!

D said...

A budget is always the hardest part! Your on your way! Good Luck!

ShareThis