OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

FINANCIAL SHAPE IN 2008 CHALLENGE

As part of the Financial Shape in 2008 Challenge, atMoney Saving Mom Crystal is continuing her challenge as asking us to discuss our short term goal as well as our long term goals.

Short Term Goals:

Pay off Debt within 3 months. Me: 600.00 dollars Hubs: 3000.00

Finish Funding Emergency Fund. Within 12 months. About another 2000.00 dollars

Get Life Insurance. Within 6 months

Get Wills. Within 6months

Fund IRA @ 12 %. To begin April this year.

Long Term Goals

Pay off House Within Five years Hopefully. Within Seven Years Definitely.

New Vehicles are in the future, but no definite time frame. I will drive my Camry till the wheels fall off! :)


Crystal Stated That "Getting on a written budget will go a long way towards helping you to accomplish your goals. Once you start making your money work for you, instead of just letting the bills take over your life, you'll not only experience more freedom, but you'll probably find you have more money to work with than you realized!"

I cannot tell you how true that statement is! Since I actually "wrote down" my budget and figured out all of my categories last week My Budget 2008, I have found unaccounted for money that I have moved to a saving category. It is amazing what writing down your budget can do to help your budget. I highly encourage taking the plunge and write down your plan. And remember, it is something that you can change and adapt along the way. It is not written in stone, my budget is actually in pencil.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the way you put a deadline on your goals. I'm sure it would feel fantastic when you achieved your goals and you get to cross it off on your list.

Lisa said...

Thanks frugal chick, I try to keep to the deadlines, but you know life does get in the way. NO biggie..... just keep plugging along!

Anonymous said...

Lisa - great goals; is DH onboard with all of these? I have a hard time completing goals that we don't make together!

Brooke (Dollar Frugal) said...

Lisa - great goals; is DH onboard with all of these? I have a hard time completing goals that we don't make together!

ShareThis