OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Debt SnowFlake Challenge Week 3



To help keep my on track with my debt elimination progress, I have joined Melissa at Mom's Plans in her Debt Snowflake Challenge.  To the best of my ability, I will update my own debt snowflake progress every Friday.  

Our Progress: Slow and steady wins the race.  That is what I am going with anyway.  Yesterday I did get a payment from Amazon for $37.00 for sale of several make up items.  
To tell you the truth, I forgot all about the items I had listed on Amazon, so it was a pleasant surprise to say the least.  I listed a few more items today on Amazon (Christmas CD's) and hope for a quick sale.  


The items I listed on Craigslist have not produced any interest yet.  Actually these vintage Christmas items would probably do better on Ebay, but I will wait until I get back to my home before I start Ebaying again. 

There is some advertising that I accepted this week.  The funds have not yet been released yet, so that will help this month's totals. 




Total SnowFlakes for January (so far):
 Loose Change:  $47.00
 Virtual Asst. :    $10.00
 Amazon:           $37.00
                          $94.00


Debt Update will be at the end of the month.  I still use my credit card for my mom and dad's purchases and they pay reimburse me once a month.  Upside to this:  I am using my Marriott Rewards card, so more points.  Downside to this:  The card is still in my wallet.  


Subscribe by Email | Subscribe by RSS | Follow on Twitter

19 comments:

Debby S. said...

Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job! Have a great week! See you next Friday! I had to use a credit card last weekend until funds were transfered. It made me sick to have to swipe it. I got the money put right back first thing Monday! When I put it back in its "dark whole" in which it belongs, I stuck my tongue out at it. I'm a nut but I felt it needed to know that I was in charge! LOL

Jane said...

I think it's ok to have the card in your wallet as long as you control the usage and get benefit from the points. I use my mastercard for all of my purchases in order to get the points. I keep the receipts and go right home and make a payment. Have never paid a penny in interest but have received hundreds of dollars in points that I can use for groceries. Love it.

Pam Rockhold said...

Great job! We're saving up loose change for my Hubby's trip to Swaziland in August. I hope ours adds up quick!

judy said...

Great Job!!! We sold some text books on Amazon this week and it was nice to get that bit of money :)

laura @ move to portugal said...

Great job Lisa :)

NetWorthProtect said...

Nice work, every little bit counts! It may be tough to sell those Christmas items since the season has already past, but if you are not in a rush to sell them then you can hold out for a decent price.

Melissa said...

Nice job! Even if you have small snowflakes, they all add up to a large amount by the end of the month.

CentsToSave said...

Hi Melissa,
I think the end of the month is going to be better than the first of the month advertising wise. :)

CentsToSave said...

Hi Net Worth,


Very true about the Christmas items.... but you never know. I have nothing but time.

CentsToSave said...

Thanks Laura!

CentsToSave said...

Hi Judy!
Amazon makes it so easy to sell,don't they? Hope all your books sell soon!

CentsToSave said...

Hi Pam,

Swaziland sounds like an interesting trip! I hope your changes adds up quickly too!

CentsToSave said...

HI Jane,

Yep, it is the control of usage that can be a bit of a problem.:) I have done worse, definitely!

CentsToSave said...

Hi Debby,
Yep, the dreaded credit card can be both a blessing and a curse. :) Sticking your tongue out is a form control... I like it! :)

CentsToSave said...

Thanks Michelle!

Carla said...

Good job, Lisa!!! :) They add up don't they?!

John@moneyprinciple said...

Hmm. I keep forgetting about Amazon. We have lots of clutter to get rid of and assume eBay is the only way. Thanks for the (unwitting) reminder!

CentsToSave said...

Actually, Amazon is a bet easier to sell on. Good Luck!

CentsToSave said...

A little at a time, yes they do.

ShareThis