OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Grocery Shopping


Grocery Shopping without a list is the kiss of death for my checkbook. I went to the store after work and only wanted to pick up a few things. Milk, coffee, some fruit......Famous last words.

Anyway, 86.00 dollars later I managed to fill the buggy and walk out wondering what did I just buy? Of course I had to get some "buy one get one free" items... I certainly could have live without the 2 boxes of RITZ crackers, but who knows when they will go on sale again. Truth be told, they will probably be on sale sooner than I think. Of course there were other impulse buys, But the deed is done. I will definitely have to bring the list next time.

The grocery store is a minefield for me. We have Publix's here in Florida and they are the absolutely best grocery stores! Clean, Friendly staff and you rarely have to wait in line to check out. They are truly wonderful as grocery stores go.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I learned a long time ago that when I just pop into the store without a list to NOT get a cart. I get the handbasket only if I absolutely cannot just hold in my arms what I'm buying.

Lisa said...

Terri,

I surely know better, but managed to let myself get all "hyped" and spend like money was not an issue.

Definitely a spot to work on!!

Anonymous said...

It might be handy to go grocery shopping with a devil advocate. My wife and I are each other's devil advocate.

Every time I want to buy something, she always says, "Do we really need that?" I do the same to her as well.

It sort of brings focus on our needs and wants.

Lisa said...

tehnyit,

Thanks for the suggestion. Most of the time my husband and I can play devil's advocate with each other when grocery shopping.

Or I will just put what he chose back on the shelf :)

Just kidding!

Terri said...

I learned a long time ago that when I just pop into the store without a list to NOT get a cart. I get the handbasket only if I absolutely cannot just hold in my arms what I'm buying.

ShareThis