OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

The Carpet Fund aka Cash for my Carpet!!


I don't know about you, but I am not the most consistent person when it comes to saving. I do have several automatic saving plans (401k) (Roth IRA) to name a few.... and knowing that gives me peace of mind. But I have a new project.... and it has to do with carpet!!!


In the recent past I have attempted the "20 Dollar Challenge" with minor success. I was trying to copy what worked for another person and to tell you the truth, I liked the concept but I did not really have a set goal to save for.

Now I do. Last Month, I ordered carpet for three of our bedrooms. I put it on a Lowe's charge card (new application) and got it for no interest/no payments for 12 months. I can pay it at any time, but I want to use this purchase as a new goal for the previously named 20 dollar challenge.

I am changing the name to Cash for my Carpet fund!!! True, A goofy name, but if you have another one, go ahead and suggest it. I am open to all suggestions!

"Cash for my Carpet" fund has a small balance of 23.00. I have until March 2009 to acquire 1301.00 dollars for the balance due on the carpet. So here we go!!!!

I will keep you posted on the progress of this account and how I fund it.

No comments:

ShareThis