OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Money Saving Monday Week 4 The Saved Quarter Challenge






It is week 4 of Penny's "Saved Quarter Challenge" and time for me to tally up the month of savings/debt repayment.   Two weeks ago, I paid a substantial amount towards our credit card debt.  At that time, our Credit Card balance was 10891.00.  Today the balance is 11357.00.  The increase is due to interest 127.00, and approximately 289.00 in charges for small repairs to our current home.  If you recall, we will be renting our current home when we get approved for our new home which is a short sale.  (Short sales tend to take forever).

My husband's hours have been cut due to the great weather we are experiencing.  He is an HVAC tech and if the weather is great, people don't tend to use there Heat or AC.  If they are not using them, then they don't have to repair them if they were broken in the first place.  As the weather gets hotter or if we experience another extended cold snap, he will get busier and will have overtime.  Then we can't put more to the credit card debt.Right now... we are being a wee bit conservative in our debt repayment.

My monthly addition to my 401k is 200.00, Long term savings is 60.00 for the month.  I typically have 60.00 taken out every paycheck, but my employer switched to a new payroll company and our first check is a LIVE check, not direct deposit.  The paycheck on Friday was direct deposit as promised and things are back on track.

This month we had added to our Christmas Account: 115.00 dollars
                                    Auto Repair/Tires Account:  312.00 dollars
                                   Pet Care/Vet Bills Account:    30.00 dollars
                       Shower/Birthday/Annivers.Account:    25.00 dollars
                                 Long Term Savings Account:    60.00 dollars
                           Medical/Dental Savings Account:   210.00 dollars
            Property Tax (no escrow) Savings Account:   100.00 dollars
  Property Insurance (no escrow) Savings Account:      84.00 dollars

These accounts are kept at ING, an online bank.  If you are interested in opening an ING account, I would love to refer you.  If you open the account with a minimum of 250.00, you can receive a bonus of $25.00 for doing so!!  I will receive a 10.00 bonus for referring you. Email me your name (first and last) and I will send you the link.  my Email is WayRich14 @ aol.com

  I still have to fund a clothes account and vacation account.  Have not yet worked out the budget for that yet. But the expenses listed above always seem to happen when I least expect it.  By having these accounts, I feel less stress knowing I have some of the expenses covered. 

Hope you all have a great week!!

27 comments:

Jane said...

I use ING too - I think they are the best bank I've ever dealt with - they did an online app with me last summer when I bought the house in PEI - they called me back in like 3 hours with the approval.
I hope your "short sale" doesn't take TOO much longer - it's really dragging on; however they're a great deal so worth waiting for.

Lisa said...

Hi Jane,

Ye, I agree, ING is great bank!

Anonymous said...

I use ING here in the UK and I love being able to have seperate savings accounts for each savings fund; naming them really helps too :)

Mandi said...

I really like the bonuses that ING gives out, those are always a nice little amount to add to whatever account you open!

Great work!

Lisa said...

Laura,

Oh yeah mine accounts have names too.

MorethanMom said...

Great start to the challenge!
I keep telling myself, getting debt free is a marathon, not a race.
I have an ING too, because I look at it as hard to get too money. :)

Jane said...

I use ING too - I think they are the best bank I've ever dealt with - they did an online app with me last summer when I bought the house in PEI - they called me back in like 3 hours with the approval.
I hope your "short sale" doesn't take TOO much longer - it's really dragging on; however they're a great deal so worth waiting for.

Anonymous said...

Hi www.blogger.com owner, are you interested in links exchange? Reply to my email
Unlock Sony Xperia T
Unlock Nokia Lumia 822
Unlock Samsung Galaxy Premier

Anonymous said...

How to unlock your phone for free
Unlock Nokia 6301
Unlock Nokia 6110
Unlock Nokia 6220 Classic

Anonymous said...

A lot of quality articles i see on your www.blogger.com
Unlock Nokia C6 01
Unlock Nokia 7205 Intrigue
Unlock Nokia 6500 Slide

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.iystwowgold.com#wowgold]wow gold[/url], I got all of the short proverb games gold as well as just where which means very might complement anything at all. Finding a due to the fact spot simply. So you have to get seriously carefull the places you factor.
My partner and i convey games gold pretty much every day time in your wonderful weather condition. Which means very good.
These are the basic virtually all AMAZING games gold We have:) I have had all of them to get 3 years at this moment and they're nevertheless for good! There're worth the cost! We'd recommend highly that you just Not even produce these types of through the ground or even big storms. Should they secure moistened after some time the actual games gold doesn't believe since comfortable on the lateral side. Nevertheless it does indeed waterless in the event it should get moistened. I like my best games gold together with morning demanding one other match that seasonal! You will enjoy such!:Deborah
Fantastic games gold, like to bring it with just one
I actually have a pair of sets associated with quite short [url=http://www.d3kiss.com]diablo 3 gold[/url] found in proverb plus african american im or her working away at getting the fine sand. they're just so nice and to obtain the the crooks to any individual possibly even during wintertime within California

Anonymous said...

nn0ea5 siem reap apartment wk3qy2 rent house in siem reap kg9dv3 angkor real estate siem reap uk0ow0

Anonymous said...

qu3kp7 xtreme no dosage ad3el7 buycheapxtremenohere.tumblr.com kt8mf3 xtreme-no how to use ul8hn6

Anonymous said...

fj4hq1 xtreme no gnc ys2ic6 xtreme no cheap la6zu4 xtreme no price wd4ol9

Anonymous said...

1bzze702 provillus testimonials 4tvgp147 cheap provillus 4vcpa456 provillus results 6khjs946

Anonymous said...

6luyz459 provillus philippines 0jiii813 cheap provillus 4agrs497 provillus tablets 3cxfz306

Anonymous said...

mb0sq0 garcinia cambogia where to buy qh6tb1 order garcinia cambogia oq6pl7 garcinia cambogia kosher wy6jt5

Anonymous said...

qw8cq7 garcinia cambogia diet ur7mc9 cheap garcinia cambogia ma8kp8 garcinia cambogia fat loss jd1ie8

Anonymous said...

jb8lv8 garcinia cambogia gnc jg2by5 provillus uc1dx3 garcinia cambogia powder yo5ej7

Anonymous said...

by7mh2 garcinia cambogia pills su1fr6 cheap garcinia cambogia hf1cf2 garcinia cambogia romania ki8du4

Anonymous said...

green coffee beans rq8mu9 cheap green coffee bean extract gv1yf2 does green coffee bean extract work fe9fk3

Anonymous said...

idol lash nz lb3mi1 buy idol lash idol lash coupons wn1sy0

Anonymous said...

idol lash on sale ks2by9 idol lash official site idol lash ingredients do7xi0

Anonymous said...

sk9hz2 maqui berry diet qj1lc8 maqui berry maqui berry diet ki9ef4

Anonymous said...

fc2pm6 xtreme no in malaysia vb2ro6 xtreme no al3dj1 xtreme no herbal sv3me7

Anonymous said...

zl0bu6 hgh energizer available in stores bn9kq9 cheap hgh energizer tj3dl9 hgh energizer in malaysia bx7ox9

Anonymous said...

9oy6sk9 red raspberry ketones 500 mg 1rm9sm7 buy raspberry ketones 0xd5cx7

ShareThis