OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

A Change in Plans

Previously, I had posted about my plans for interning at a local community college. I was going to intern in a class as part of my education degree. Well, I went to talk to the professor that was my previous instructor and now program director, also my mentor. I was all set to teach in her class this semester. The material is all familiar to me. I worked most of the Christmas break preparing lectures and tests.

During the course of this process I was physically ill, unable to concentrate and very overwhelmed. I went to my mentor's home two days ago to post my syllabus. We talked for a couple of hours and during that time I decided that I did not want to continue in this direction.

As soon as I made the decision, I immediately felt the weight of the world lifted from my
shoulders. I was and still am happy!

Where will I go from here? I will happily take this semester off and resume my studies next semester. I can still finish the degree with an online internship, similar to the one I completed last semester. Just a few more classes and I will finish this degree. What will I do with it.. remains to be seen.

No comments:

ShareThis