OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Food Waste Friday and All Things Green

I was cleaning out the fridge this morning and it seemed that I was doing so well on not wasting food.  Then, I dug to the bottom of the vegetable bin.  There it was.  A small baggie with something very green and gooey in it.  And it was leaking.  Bleech. 

This is what a cucumber looks like when you forget about it for about 3 weeks..... maybe longer.  Disgusting. On the up side, That was the extent of my food waste for this week, so it is not all bad.

linked to The FrugalGirl

14 comments:

Michelle said...

I don't have any waste in my fridge right now, we are really improving!

Tamika said...

hi!! visiting from The Frugal Girl! :) I have had many a cucumber do that......ewww!! LOL

Carla said...

Could have done without the visual... ;) lol!

CentsToSave said...

Oh come on!! That is half the fun! Lol!

CentsToSave said...

That is awesome!

CentsToSave said...

Thanks for stopping by Tamika!

Tanner E said...

I second Carla, could've done without the visual! Though I am guilty about that as well... cucumbers spoil WAY too fast. (Though mine dont get gooey--they get white and mossy and slimey. Wait, let me go fetch a photo... -kidding-) They do seem to spoil faster than tomatoes. It's a shame, because that has stopped me from buying cucumbers...

Becca from sweet swan songs said...

At least it was in a bag, and not just sitting in the bottom of the fridge by itself, right? That would've been worse!

Jane said...

Ew! So glad it was in the baggy as they also really STINK when they turn to mush but perhaps you would have found it sooner if it was OUT of the bag:) A partial cuke wasted, that's not so bad! You're doing great!

CentsToSave said...

So THAT is what that smell was! LOL Now I know!

CentsToSave said...

It definitely could have been worse. definitely.

CentsToSave said...

We usually eat them regularly. This little leftover was hiding under the celery.

Niki said...

I say thanks for the visual! I am not the only one this happens to. It's been awhile but it does happen!

CentsToSave said...

I am a visual learner!

ShareThis