2012 Goals: Twelve in Twelve
Taking a cue from Niki at Debt Free by Thirty, I was inspired to put together my list of goals for 2012.
1. Pay off credit card debt this year. Yep, it has got to go. We have about $11,5000 in stupid credit card debt. With our current living arrangements (we moved in with my sick parents to become their caregivers) our expenses are low(er).
2. Increase Emergency Savings from $1000.00 to $3000.00. Right now our emergency fund carries about $1200.00, but by the end of the year we would like to increase that to $3000.00 for a little more piece of mind.
3. Getting healthy. Time to focus on getting rid of some extra weight and change our eating habits.
4. Building online income. My work situation has changes totally. I am now a fulltime care giver for my dad, and soon for my mom. I will be able to (hopefully) find time during the day and night to learn more about HOW to successfully do that. You know I did join the $30,000 Online Income Challenge, right?
5. Christmas 2012. I again will be working my $500 Holiday Challenge. I was able to stay pretty close to the spending/ shopping budget this year, so I am pretty happy about that. Acquiring gifts all year round at deep savings really helped the bottom line.
6. Have more fun! Life is short and I know that saving money, budgeting, and being frugal is important. But.... having fun and enjoying life is just as important! Living in Central Florida provides many opportunities to visit theme parks and be a kid again. We have not yet decided which park we are going to get a year long pass for, but I am leaning towards SeaWorld. And next year.... Disney World. I will be getting passes for me, my husband and my grandson. Money well spent.
7. Plan a Trip out West. We want to go to San Francisco, visit Alcatraz ( I find that place to be very fascinating), Cross the Golden Gate Bridge, to name a few. It may not happen this year, but it will happen. I plan to save at leat $4000.00 dollars towards this goal.
8. Roth IRA..... hello.... you remember me, don't you? My retirement planning has taken a BACK seat lately. Time to get all that back under control. I have a 401k with a previous employer that I need to do something with..... and I do recall a Roth IRA too. I am a huge slacker when it comes to this stuff. Help please.
9. Build a Life List. Also know as a bucket list. If I can manage to put some of my dreams and aspirations down on paper, like Laura has at move to Portugal, I can better reach these life goals.
10. Read 10 books. I miss reading books. With everything online, I spend too much time reading and catching up online. I could not tell you when the last time I actually held a book in my hands and read for enjoyment. It has been a while.
11. Get our wills done. Enough said. This has been on my goals list for the last two years.
12. Improve my photography skills. I love to take pictures and I take a lot of pictures with my iPhone. My phone has a lot of cool apps that make picture taking super easy. But..... I also have a DSLR and I need to improve my skills with that camera. it might mean looking into getting another lens for it...... We will see.
Subscribe by Email | Subscribe by RSS | Follow on Twitter
Linking up with The Saved Quarter this week.