OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Getting back in the Groove

I have had my spring break and I managed to stretch it out to two weeks! It was great. No looking at homework... no cooking..... pure laziness. (Except for the 40 a week job).

Financially speaking.... I have been fairly lazy too. I have paid all bills, and I still have auto with drawls for savings and share builder. I have yet to get around to balancing my checkbook. I keep putting it off. I know that I have too....soon.

Has being so super strict on my finances made me rebel and just spend at will? Maybe. Or is this just normal for me? I will become very regimented in my accounting practices... and will document ever penny. I will become SUPER frugal and not want to spend a cent. At that time I am happy with that behavior.

But without a doubt I will rebound and not even look at my checkbook register. I will just ballpark it. This has been proven by my own personal history. This is what I do. So maybe I am writing for the FRUGALNESS to return so I will want to become more accountable once again.

3 comments:

Rogers Place said...

Keep up with your checkbook. The bank surely does and won't hesitate to send a bounced check or below limit fee. Banks make enough money from us don't just let them have more. If they want more make them earn it.

Lisa said...

I do monitor my checking account online everyday. I am just not writing everything down in a checkbook register....

And you are right.... The banks will charge for an overdraft... Thanks

Rogers Place said...

Keep up with your checkbook. The bank surely does and won't hesitate to send a bounced check or below limit fee. Banks make enough money from us don't just let them have more. If they want more make them earn it.

ShareThis