OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Finding My Place

You know, I wonder about many things. Maybe you do too. For instance, I wonder what exactly I am going to do with the money I am saving. That may sound a bit odd, but it is true. Praise the Lord, I do not have credit card debt or a car loan. As a couple, we have a mortgage.
So, I have these little saving accounts or categories such as the " $20 Dollar Challenge" ( which by the way surprised at how fast it is growing). I also have another small savings account that is basically my gasoline category. My wonderful dad pays for my gas every month. He insists! And if did not use his gas card monthly, his feelings would be hurt. For my whole life, my dad has shown his love for me with money. That is just his way. I also have a Emergency Fund with about 3500.00 dollars and a CD for about 1000.00 dollars. There is the retirement accounts as well.
I guess I have a hard time figuring out where to move the money from the smaller accounts and when should I move it to the Emergency fund or whatever...... I don't know, maybe I should just leave it sit for now.

Oh, I know I could help pay down the mortgage but in our financial relationship, I pay most all the bills and I just don't wnat to at this point. Husband pays mortgage and insurance. He is not interested in paying it off early. Okay, he will talk about it, but at this time he will not act on it.

So that's it. Any suggestions......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm surprised you're so motivated to save even without a set goal.

You could use your extra savings to increase your emergency fund to cover a full 6 months worth of expenses, you can always add more to your retirement account and of course, you can donate to charity.

My guess is you'll find yourself more motivated to save when you know what you're saving for.

Lisa said...

Hi Hilda

I think I have too many goals!! I need to consolidate the goals. Probably the 6 months of expenses would be a really good goal as you suggested.
Thanks for the suggestion!

ShareThis