OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Walgreens Shopping


Wanted to update you on how I used my 5/20.00 Walgreen's coupon Friday. I pretty much have all the FAR rebate items covered. So I really did not need to focus on those to make the best use of my coupon. So, I was looking at Vitamins along the back wall near the Pharmacy. Alas, there right before my eyes was a shelf sticker that "Stated All Theragram Vitamins are Buy One, Get One Free". Cool. So I picked up two packs at 9.99 each. Each pack of Vitamins also had a small bonus bottle of 30 count vitamins. Yoo Hoo! I then found Excedrin "Back and Body" Pain Reliver in a special Package BOGO free. That was 3.99. And for work I picked up a tray of bottled water 24 bottles for 4.99. ( Not the best deal, but I went with it.) Had to add two butterfinger candy bars to reach the 20.00 too.


So I go to check out and low and behold the Vitamins are not on sale this week, but they were actually on sale 2 weeks ago. The manager honored the poster and I was happy with that. So, after that adjustment the total spent was 20.77. Subtract the 5/20 coupon and a RegisterReward worth 6.00 dollars with Tax and all it came to approximately 11.00!


I put it on a gift card and back to work I went. We are now stocked up on Vitamins and Excedrin for a time.


Check out MoneySaving Mom at her new home and Centsible Sawyer for more great deals that will work for you!

5 comments:

Denise Sawyer said...

Nice work!! Wonder how long your stockpile will last? :)

Thanks for posting on my blog for Drugstore Divas!!

Denise
The "Cent"sible Sawyer

Lisa said...

Denise, The vitamins are for hubs.... Since he remembers to take his on a regular basis, his will probably run out before I even finish the first bottle. I really suck at remembering to take pills of any sort....

Jinxy and Me said...

Great job! I also had already purchased all my free-after-rebate items for the month, so I used the $5 coupon to buy some Walgreen's brand over-the-counter medications that we use frequently but rarely go on sale. I hope they keep on doing the $5/$20 promotion in the future!

Lisa said...

Jinxy and me, ( A beautiful cat Jinxy is)
I am with you. I hope they have the promotion again. Maybe another holiday like July 4th..?

Thanks for visiting!

Jinxy & Me said...

Great job! I also had already purchased all my free-after-rebate items for the month, so I used the $5 coupon to buy some Walgreen's brand over-the-counter medications that we use frequently but rarely go on sale. I hope they keep on doing the $5/$20 promotion in the future!

ShareThis