OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Cash Update for This Pay Period

Tomorrow is payday for me. I am happy to report that I was able to spend my allotted cash and only my allotted cash for groceries and eating out. Two weeks ago, I decided to try to operate on a semi cash basis. I gave myself 150.00 for groceries and 150.00 dollars for eating out.

Today I spent the last of my grocery cash today. I had 15.00 dollars left and I needed milk and cereal. I stopped at CVS on the way home to get milk. They have T.G. Lee milk which is the only milk my hubs will drink and they usually have it much cheaper than the local grocery store.

I picked up two gallons of milk and I happened to check out the ad for this week and noticed that Honey Nut Cheerios were on sale 3 boxes for 10.00. In addition, if you spent 20.00 dollars on selected General Mills items, you would get 10.00 in ECB.

So, I picked up six boxes of cereal, and two gallons of milk. I used my ECB's from a past visit that added up to 12.00 dollars on this purchase. After all was said and done, I ended up paying 14.51 dollars and I received 10.00 back in ECB's! The good Lord was blessing my efforts.

I thought I would have more of my eating out money left. And I would have. Except my husband and myself were please to take out my son and his girlfriend for lunch on Sunday after church.

What is such a blessing is that my oldest son called me up Sunday morning and asked me what time church started. 10:45 I told him. He said,,, okay and that he would see us there. Now... he has said this before. So, If he did not make it I would not be to terribly disappointed. He is our prodigal son and I am in prayer for him specifically several times a day and have been for many years. God answers prayers. Son was at church and he seemed to listen intently and even asked for his bible. Alright!!! God is working on him. Praise the Lord!!

To celebrate the day, we took son and his girlfriend out for lunch. It was worth every penny!

Tomorrow, I will take out 300.00 again and continue my semi cash budgeting.

5 comments:

Paula said...

I think you did pretty good sticking to your limit. I get mileage at my new job so I take what ever is over a certain mark as my gas/lunch money and I have been loving the freedom of cash on hand for gas, for lunches and not taking from our family account because it is my gas overage.

I know what you mean about the prayers too..I pray for my daughter too...And I hope that someday she will want to go to our church but she is almost 21 and she has her own mind so ...I pray

Takin' time to smell the flowers! said...

Thanks for sharing this! Good job on stickin' to your budget:) God hears our prayers, the waiting isn't always easy but it is definitely always worth it. His timing is perfect after all! God Bless & Merry Christmas:)

Tracy said...

Wow, great deal at CVS! Good for you, sticking to your budget!

Lisa said...

Paula,

God answers prayers. My son is 29.... and stubborn. I will continue to pray and I will say a prayer for your daughter and you.

Takin,

You are so right. God has a plan and we have to be patient.
Thanks!

Tracy..
Thanks for your support! Really appreciate it!

Lisa

Takin' time to smell the flowe said...

Thanks for sharing this! Good job on stickin' to your budget:) God hears our prayers, the waiting isn't always easy but it is definitely always worth it. His timing is perfect after all! God Bless & Merry Christmas:)

ShareThis