OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Saturday Morning


There is a lot going on in my world. Besides my son J's issues, we are continuing our quest to buy a home that is closer to our children. I have found a wonderful Realtor that is helping us along in this process. We are set to see several homes with her on Sunday and we are very excited!

The financing is in order, I have my pre approval letters in hand. Now... We need to get a renter for our current residence. Beyond that, there us packing and downsizing to do .Looks easy on paper, but I know we do have a lot of work ahead.  I am ready for it!

Update on my son's warrant.  He is suppose to turn himself in this morning.  His grandmother, my mother is going to post his bail of 500.00 dollars. I am so grateful that she is willing to do that for him.  So I will go and pick him up at his house and take him to the jail so he can start the process.  I will also go to the bail bondsman and get the paperwork started to get him bonded out.  The whole process can take all day, so he might be back out tonight, or at the latest, tomorrow. 

This was a busy month and an expensive one as well. My income is usually the same month to month. I am scheduled for about 40 hours per week and rarely do I get overtime.

On the other hand, my husband is a HVAC tech, and during the summer he typically gets 4-5 hours of overtime a week. In the Florida heat, AC's are always needing service or repair. In the cooler months of winter he will not get overtime, in fact he barely get35 hrs a week. That is fine, it gives him a chance to get some home projects finished.

Paid 300.00 On his credit card balance is 7815.00
Paid 400.00 on my cc. Balance is  2907.00

Have not done any Christmas shopping yet... I will get that done this Wednesday. 

For next year I have already set up an automatic withdrawal from our household checking to an ING Christmas Saving account so that I will be better prepared for next year.That is scheduled to start in January. 

My long term savings took a hit this month. 1000 dollars for bail for J and another 250.00 to transfer his truck into my daughters name.We transferred the truck so that J will not have the temptation to drive UNTIL he gets his license back.

7 comments:

Jane said...

You have a LOT going on. I hope Christmas will be calm and peaceful for you. Already planning for next year - girl you are ahead of the game! I had my househunting adventure in the summer which was fun, exciting and scary. I look forward to following YOUR adventure.
I'm glad you have your mother's support when it comes to your son. Sounds like everyone is pulling together - that will make it so much easier for you. Some day I'll tell you my story. Even though it happened 20 years ago it still affects my life and my daughter's life.

Maureen said...

After reading Jane,s response to your post I just want to echo her sentiments, I don,t know how you are managing to think Christmas Savings for 2011 while you have so much going on in 2010, you should be so proud of yourself.

And you too Jane to be willing to give so much of yourself to people you will never meet, hats off to you.

Lisa said...

Jane,

Househunting is a bit scary. We have not bought a house in 28 years!! Our family is very close, and my mom is an angel! I do not know what I would do with out her.

I look forward to hearing your story from 20 years ago...:)

Lisa said...

Maureen,

Yes, there is a lot going on and I am one who enjoys multitasking.

The Christmas savings at ING helps me not to worry about it next year. I also have my property taxes and property insurance automatically sent to ING on a monthly basis. That way, when they are due, I have it on hand and am not scrambling.
Thanks for your support!

Sharon said...

Lisa,
Here's to a much better new year!! And, it appears you are already preparing for it with savings. It was very nice that your mother could help out. Mom's tend to know what their children need.

I'm going to try and finish up most of my shopping tomorrow. Not an easy task, as I believe I have more list than money....:)

I hope tomorrow goes well for you and it doesn't take up your whole day!

Budget Confidential said...

I am impressed with you for starting your 2011 Christmas saving already. I have heard a lot of good things about the ING accounts. I am bummed I missed out on their Black Friday sign-up deals. Does anyone know if they offer deals like that at other times of the year?

The Biz of Life said...

Maybe it's time for some tough love, and you guys should stop posting bail and let him face the full consequences of his actions. It's a hard thing to do, but you can go on like this forever.

ShareThis