OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

INVESTOOL returned

I did confess earlier that I had a moment of weakness at the "Celebrity Conference" I attended about two weeks ago. I spent 1999.00 on a book and classes that would show me how to use their foolproof system to "make money" on the stock market. This was definitely an IMPULSE BUY!!

I am happy to report that I successfully returned the book, but not without speaking to 3 different individuals from the company that wanted to try to convince me to keep the information. One of the individuals I spoke to offered me a payment plan to entice me to keep the book and classes. I just had to tell them that I mad a HUGE mistake and I wanted to return the book and cancel the class.

The receipt stated we could return the items and cancel the class if done before December 30th. So I had no problem asking for my card not to be charged.

The last gentleman gave me the address to return the stuff and I happily went to the post office yesterday and did just that. I returned INVESTOOLS!!!

I will look for a class at the community college regarding investments and start with the basics.

5 comments:

Maria said...

Good move. It's hard to resist but after you can relax and really think about it, there has be other options.

Lisa said...

Definitely, I can't believe I got so caught up in the hype. This is how we learn.......

Anonymous said...

Missy,

I just posted in your other Investools post, recommending based on my experience to NOT purchase anything.

Since I paid my $6,000+, I have found a book I have been recommending (boy, I wish I got a commission from it, but I don't!) - Technical Analysis for Dummies, by Barbara Rockefeller. You can find it on Amazon for around $17; its list is $24.95. You might be able to find it in your library also. It gives you most of what was included in Investools, including the advanced classes (candlesticks and technical formations), and also WARNS you that technical trading is not for the weakhearted or those who want to spend as little time as possible doing the work - as opposed to Investools, which skims over the risks and tells you it will only take a few hours a week!

Brad said...

I just had a bad experience with Investools. We were told that our subscription to Investool expires on June 3rd, 2009. But they closed our account two weeks prior to that date. We called to complain. But the representative's attitude was terrible and insisted that we made mistake in the expiry date. I'm not going to use their service any more.

Brad said...

I just had a bad experience with Investools. We were told that our subscription to Investool expires on June 3rd, 2009. But they closed our account two weeks prior to that date. We called to complain. But the representative's attitude was terrible and insisted that we made mistake in the expiry date. I'm not going to use their service any more.

ShareThis