OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Staying on Track For Next Year

As the new year approaches, it is time to reflect and plan for the new year. Financially I plan to stay on track to aggressively save for my retirement. I currently don't carry any debt to speak of. The last card my Bank of America Credit Card, carries a balance of 75 dollars. I know, just pay it off. But since I have budgeted all my money for monthly bills and expenses I neglected to budget for that balance.

I have a recurring bill that is automatically billed each month on that credit card, and that bill payment is in the budget. Hence, I am never late with a payment, I just have not reduced the balance. So.... I think I am looking at my first New Year's Resolution. Pay the stupid balance.

My goals are oriented to finance my retirement and to avoid incurring any debt. I also am building my Emergency Fund to 5000 dollars. The fund is about 1100 dollars short of its goal. It should be at its goal within 6 months. I need to figure out what the next goal for the Emergency Fund will be and how long of time frame I will give myself to achieve it.

No comments:

ShareThis