OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Definition of a Bad Blogger....

If you were to look up the definition of a "bad blogger" you would see my picture. I have not even looked at the blog in several weeks. School has kept me very busy, (I will never take four classes while working full time AGAIN) I am on spring brake right now and I am caught up on all assignments. I have only 16 more to go until the end of this semester!! I have been contemplating just taking two classes in the summer, but right now I do not want to take ANY classes in the summer.

On the home front, the stress for me has gone down. the oldest son (and his stepson have moved back to their mobile home, he is still separated from his wife) and that helped me and my son out a great deal. He has a reason to be responsible and I am not exposed to all that he does. We talk on the phone almost everyday, and we see each other at least once a week, and I am fine with that.

Financially I have been less than responsible. I have neglected my checkbook ledger once again reverting back to just looking at my checking account daily and making sure all bills are paid. I have continued all automatic investments and saving programs. My 401k at work will once again kick in the next quarter(April).

I have been spending too much money on stuff. What kind of stuff? Clothes, plants for the front yard...... you know, when you go into the Walmart, and just walk around and look.... I don't know about you, but my cart "automatically" fills up with stuff! Stuff that I have to have and can't seem to live without!!!! Shopping as well as eating relieves my stress. Not an excuse... it is just what I do.

Another "money pit" for me is "Stampin Up"! I really love to make my own cards. I have become a demo for " Stampin Up" to get a demo discount. Oh brother! Looking back on what I have spent to maintain an active status... well..... it is not a pretty picture. And will I ever actually sell to any one else besides close friends and family? Certainly no time for THAT this semester!

So there you go.... I am still here just have been overwhelmed emotionally and educationally! Five more weeks and the sememster will be over.

Oh yeah...... going on a family cruise to Mexico in March. Don't know how to rationalize that one yet.

3 comments:

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

ahhh! Habits like that (stamping) can be evil.

Is there a coordinator in your area who does a stamp club? My sister does that, where you go once a month and you use their stamps and buy a preset amount of stuff (like $20 a month) to stay active. That's still a lot for a hobby, but probably less than what you are spending to keep your status active.

The other thing is to just use what you already have (I know sacrelidge) or find a friend who is a big spender and just stamp with them using their stuff :)

Lisa said...

hi jennifer

I am seriously thinking about not being a demonstrator anymore. I will sell my excess on Ebay and just join a stamp club,,,,,

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

ahhh! Habits like that (stamping) can be evil.

Is there a coordinator in your area who does a stamp club? My sister does that, where you go once a month and you use their stamps and buy a preset amount of stuff (like $20 a month) to stay active. That's still a lot for a hobby, but probably less than what you are spending to keep your status active.

The other thing is to just use what you already have (I know sacrelidge) or find a friend who is a big spender and just stamp with them using their stuff :)

ShareThis