OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Working with a Budget

I have been working with YNAB (you need a budget) for the last several months. This has been a great way for me to "visualize" my spending and where the money goes. I have had to change the amounts in a few categories, but for the most part I have been successful in staying on track.

I still am working on building my one month of cash that will allow me the peace of mind to always be a head of the game. So far I have acquired about half of the 3000.00 that I need.
I just do not want to dip in to my savings, that money is better off where I can't get to it.



I have also been using Grocery Game for better prices with the use of coupons. The saving have been substantial. I have been able to buy items in multiple quantities and pay very little for them. For now, i have acquired toothpaste, paper towels, lip gloss, and toilet paper. These are items we always use and the savings I can use towards the purchase of other items that we really like at the grocery store. Oh... I have been able to reduce my monthly amount needed for groceries and that amount goes to savings or to home improvement.

No comments:

ShareThis