OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

"If she was a horse....."

"If she was a horse we would have to shoot her"!!! Yep, this is what a dentist once told my husband!! Is there any wonder that I have dental anxiety?!!! I never went back to see that dentist.

In just a few minutes I will be making my way to the new Dentist's office. Due to insurance changes we have to change dentists. This is not a big deal to me. What is a big deal is JUST having to do to the dentist! It is an experience that will cause me to a HUGE amount of anxiety!!

I have had a lot of dental/orthodontic/surgery to my mouth and teeth. It began at age 10 with the removal of 4 teeth and the addition of braces for two years and ten days. Yes, I know exactly how long I wore my braces. Since then I have had fillings, root canals, deep scaling...... and so on.

In the past I have not been diligent in going regularly to the dentist. ( My fault). I am making an effort to change that. My husband has already had his teeth cleaned by the new dentist. He says that he is a nice guy and that I should like him. I always send hubby first to check things out!

Here we go, I am off to see the dentist........... (fingers crossed) I really need to pre medicate for the anxiety....

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I am with you...I just don't like going to the dentist! I haven't had it quite as bad as you have, but I definitely inherited bad teeth from someone. I have had more fillings that I can remember, and have had to have old ones redone when they started to leak. I have had one root canal (at age 15), my wisdom teeth out, and braces (twice). I totally dread going and finding out new things that have to be done to my teeth...not to mention, why does it have to hurt so bad when they clean your teeth?!

Lisa said...

I am with you on that Tracy. Dental visits are definitely a necessary evil. Definitely not my favorite thing to do!!!

ShareThis