OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Tithing


I am a christian. I have followed the biblical principal of tithing for the last three years. Actually approximately 11% of my income is designated for tithing. I estimate each year what my income is with potential overtime included. So every month I know just how much to write my checks for. I believe it is an important principal (tithing) that keeps me obedient to God. By tithing I know that I am following God's will and that I will be open to receive more of his blessings.

After all that is said, I also must state that there are times that I do struggle with writing the check to the church. I will think that there is certainly something more important that I could buy with the money for ME. Then I have to remind myself that it is not about ME. The conversation in my brain is sometimes non stop. I can rationalize ANYTHING.

But when push comes to shove, I will write my check for the planned amount and I do receive peace from that small decision. I know it is the right thing for ME to do. (But it is a struggle sometimes.)

3 comments:

jared said...

do you think tithing is required from everyone? I mean giving 10% of your income to the church? I know you said it was a principle, but do you think that God commands everyone to obey it today?

Lisa said...

Yes, I beleive it is an act of obedience to the Lord. It's his money anyway. I feel that If I don't tithe my 10 percent,no I know that God will get it in his own way.

tithe said...

do you think tithing is required from everyone? I mean giving 10% of your income to the church? I know you said it was a principle, but do you think that God commands everyone to obey it today?

ShareThis