OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Tithing


I have the opportunity to work with students as they rotate through my site. The student will spend about 3 weeks with me and we will work on their skills and patient interaction. The particular student I have this rotation is truly a joy and I know she will do well when she graduates.


During the course of conversation last week, I had the opportunity to share with her my thoughts on tithing. When I told her that I believe in tithing and that I actually tithe 10% of my income to the church, she was shocked. She thought that was a lot of money to be giving to the church!


I told her of my times of financial difficulty when I did not tithe. I explained that there were many, many times that I knew there was no way that I could afford to "give' that much to the church.


But then I also told her that when I did not tithe, I always noticed that there was NEVER enough money to meet the bills and unexpected expenses were always popping up. These unexpected expenses usually had to be charged because I never had the cash.


Now, I explained to her, I always seem to have enough. My needs are always met and I am at peace. This was a great lesson for me to get my joy back and become the "cheerful" giver that I should be!

No comments:

ShareThis