OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Crock Pot Split Pea Soup



I am attempting to be more frugal by eating out less. Therefore, I have started to use my crock pot more. A new recipe I am trying is Split Pea Soup in a Crock Pot. I found the recipe on the back of the Split Peas I bought at Publix.






You layer the rinsed peas, the cut



up ham, the diced onions, the sliced




carrots, diced celery, the minced garlic, the chopped parsley, the season salt, ground pepper and water.


After being in the crock pot for about 5 hours on High, this is what you get. It actually turned out pretty tasty. I added a couple of boiled potatoes (cubed) because I just wanted to. :)

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Looks good.

ShareThis