OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Walgeens Deal on Nyquil Products


In the Walgreens ad this week, they are advertising Vicks Dayquil or Nyquil, 12 count liquicaps or 6 oz liquid for $4.00 each. (regular about 5.50 at my Walgreen's).
When you purchase 20.00 dollars worth you will get 10 dollars in REGISTER REWARDS. But it gets better. In today's Parade Magazine ( also in the Sunday Paper) There is a coupon for 1.50 OFF of any Nyquil or Dayquil Purchase. It gets better! In Walgreen's I found at the end of an aisle a Nyquil Display with a 5.00 dollar Rebate off of Vick's Products.

So, lets break it down.
First: 5 Nyquil @ 4.00 is 20.00 (Saving of at least 1.50 each or 7.50 )
Second: 5 coupons (from the Parade mag. 1.50 each or 7.50 in savings)12.50 Purchase Price
Third: You will earn a 10 dollar register reward.
Fourth: You will later earn an additional 5 dollars in the form of a rebate check!

So, after all is said and done, you will (eventually) have earned 2.50 for buying the Nyquil.
To recap: Before Sale Price/Coupons, Register rewards, and rebate, the price would have been 27.50 for 5 pkgs of Nyquil/Dayquil.
After you will have earned 2.50 dollars. A savings of about 30.00 dollarsYooHoo!
UPDATE: I just wanted to let you all know that I was able to complete this deal at Walgreen's with out any problems. I received my 10 dollars in register rewards, and have since mailed the rebate in.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Lisa!
Nicely done on this deal,I even added a link to your deal on my blog to share with everyone!Thanks for the great deal!~

Lisa said...

Thanks Jennifer. I appreciate that!

Mercedes said...

Also, don't forget to use the coupon for a free puffs box when you purchase two Vicks products on the PG brandsaver out on 12/30/07. I got two free boxes that way.
I still need to get a hold of that rebate. I couldn't find it at my Walgreens.

Lisa said...

THanks MoneyCommonSense.. Don't know if I will do the deal again, but it will sure help others. Thanks

Lyndi said...

Is there any other way to get the $5 Vicks rebate? I can't find it at my walgreens. Can it be posted online and reproduced? You can email me at linners99@hotmail.com thanks!

(I saw your comment on moneysavingmom.com)

ShareThis