OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Walgreens Adventure


Yesterday I went to Walgreen's to pick up the Colgate toothpaste that was on sale. The 4.2 oz size was on sale for 2.00 regularly 2.99. The Easy Saver Book had a coupon for 2.00 dollars off of 2. AND I had just received my coupon in the mail that I had ordered from EBay. I was able to purchase 20 1.00 dollar off coupons for a total cost of 1.98. I thought this was a great deal!

So off I go to Walgreen's, and my usual store only had one in stock. I picked up the last one along with a couple of FAR items, and went to check out. I then used one of the 10.00 dollar register rewards to purchase my items. Easy enough. I know I had to pass by the grocery store, so on the way to Publix there is another Walgreen's. I went into that Walgreen's and don't you know that they did not have any of the toothpastes on the shelf. Okay, so I asked a really nice manager for a rain check for the toothpaste. He says sure... "How many do you want the rain check to be for?" I replied "Well, I would like to purchase 19 toothpastes so could you make it out for that, please?

The manager looked at me like I had a third eyeball in my forehead. "Nineteen toothpastes? Well, I think there is only a limit of two." he says. We both look over the flyer and could not see a limit. ( There is usually not a limit on the sale items, but the really fine print in the ad says the store can limit quantities.) Any way, the manager went up to the front to double check and finally came back with my rain check for 19 Colgate toothpastes. Yoo Hoo! So, after the sale price, and after the Easy Saver Coupon AND after the dollar off one coupon, ( I have 19 coupons left) the Toothpaste will be FREE!

Truth be told, I do not NEED 19 more tubes of toothpaste. I can assure you that I have plenty enough to last me a LOOOONNG time. So why the need to get more? Okay,, True Confessions...... I Really Like to Get stuff for free!! It is Rush, kinda like hitting the jackpot at Vegas!!

After the adrenaline rush subsides, I and I have calmed down a bit, I have to realistically decide where to give the toothpaste. Easy enough. My three children are married, and I also have 6 grand kids. So, the items I get over and above what my hubs and I need I give to my family. I am also going to start to donate to the church.. OR maybe the church can start to plan to participate in Operation Shoebox through Samaritan's Purse. I will work on that aspect.


Eventually the free stuff is for the greater good, but dang, I sure ENJOY the rush of getting stuff for FREE!!


ShareThis