OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Checking In Sunday

 Things are pretty quiet this weekend.  Saturday, I was able to get out and get some errands done.  My daughter drove out to our house to pick up some more things for our stay here at Mom and Dad's.  Pillows, towels ( I guess my mom only needs  two towel for her and dad) the perishables out of my fridge, some of the frozen items and extra clothes for both husband and myself.  

Earlier, my son J, and his girlfriend had went out to my house and cleaned.  It was smelling a bit like the dogs and it really needed a good cleaning.  I have to say they did a great job, everything is neat and tidy and the dog smell is gone.   My daughter and her husband now are caring for our dogs.  It was not until the end of the week that we realized  we might be at my Mom and Dad's for awhile.  The dogs needed to be around family.

When I went out to our house, I really did not realize how homesick I would be for it.  My new tree is up and decorated and sits alone in the living room.  My favorite place to sit is on the front porch..... my daughter and I sat there for about 30 minutes and talked.  Then it was time to get going.

I took my daughter home and was able to see the dogs and take them for a walk.  It was definitely good to see them and hold them for awhile.  I had dinner with my daughter and her family and then it was off to the hospital to see mom.  I stopped by McDonalds and picked her up a vanilla shake and hamburger.  She managed to eat it all.


She will be going into rehab next week.  As a family, we think that will be the best way to get her stronger. Her doctor's want her to have a least three weeks of rehab.  We will take it one week at a time and see how she does.  Also, we are still waiting on the patho report on the tumor to see what kind it is.  Mom is a fighter and is ready to give it all she can to get back her strength and get back to as much as normal as she can. 

Did I mention I quit my new job?  Yeah.. I just could not give them a reasonable return to work date.  God only knows when that would be.   Oh, and did I mention that I really had no clue how much my mom did for my dad?  This experience has been such an eye-opener for me.  I always offered to stay with mom to help her with dad but she would proudly refuse.  They are and have always have been fiercely independent.  All of that has mostly likely changed forever.....for all of us. 






Subscribe by Email | Subscribe by RSS | Follow on Twitter

No comments:

ShareThis