OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Tying Up Loose Ends Tuesday

flea market flowers



This is a busy week for mom.  She has a week full of appointments, four of them in fact.  This morning she is at an appointment at MD Anderson cancer hospital getting fitted for her radiation mask.  One of her golfing buddies is taking her.  The radiation therapist should be scheduling her sessions as well, so we can better plan the next few weeks. 




retrieved from NCI   

This mask will keep her head stable during treatment.  It will
also help the radiation therapist direct the radiation to the proper area.  Luckily she is not claustrophobic.  I don't know if I could do it, this mask kinda freaks me out.  We have three other appointments this week, her primary physician, her neurosurgeon, and then her annual mammo,dexascan and chest xray.  


Tomorrow, my daughter and her family will be coming down to stay with my dad while we go to the neurosurgeon.  My daughter has the night off from work so she has offered to stay the evening while my husband and I have a night out.  We are going to try to get to the movies and a late dinner.  I am very excited about this!  

Yesterday, my husband was out at out house ripping out the old bathroom (tub, toilet, vanity) and getting it ready to put a shower in that is user friendly for my parents.  With my son's help he was able to get all the old fixtures and stuff out of there.  He has a friend at work that does tile work, and we are hoping he has time to put our shower in.  My husband could do this but he really has NO time since we are living with my parents now.  My husband can put in the toilet and vanity, so we won't have to hire that out.

The dinner that one of the church members brought last night was absolutely delicious! A lovely salad, Chicken Tetrazzinni and a tasty spice cake.  I love her church family!!

 

Subscribe by Email | Subscribe by RSS | Follow on Twitter

10 comments:

Miss T said...

It is nice to hear your daughter and family are headed down to lend a hand. It is great to see family members help out in a time of need. Hopefully you and your hubby got some alone time. You need to make sure you two stay strong too.

Jane said...

I'm claustrophobic too so that would never work for me. So glad to hear you and hubby are getting a night out - you both so deserve it!

Andrea said...

happy to hear you have family supporting you, getting a night out will be great for you and the hubby :)

John@moneyprinciple said...

You've got a lot on your hands so thanks for finding the time to post updates.

Doctor Stock said...

I wish all of you the best. I have a friend coming to my town this week for a consult on radiation treatments for his brain tumour... so much strength needed.

Lisa @ Cents to Save said...

Thanks for the well wishes.

Lisa @ Cents to Save said...

Thanks for the kind words John.

Lisa @ Cents to Save said...

We had a great night out! Saw Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr. Loved it!

Lisa @ Cents to Save said...

I know.... that mask is kinda scary! Yikes, I don't think I could do it either.

Lisa @ Cents to Save said...

Thanks Miss T!
We had a great night out! Can't wait to do it again :)

ShareThis