Financial Goals for 2013
1. Pay off remaining Credit Card Debt. Balance $4500.00 At one point this year, our credit card debt was as high as $13,000. We had planned and expected for the debt to be paid off by the end of this year, but we had a few unexpected expenses pop up
1. Dental work for husband. New crown for one of his back molars. $340.00
2.. New suit for husband. My husband shops in Big and Tall (he is 6'5'). He needed a new suit right away because he was speaking at my dad's memorial. $500.00
3. The rental house needs new tile in the kitchen. the dishwasher leaked and the laminate floring is buckling. Cost: Unknown at this point.... getting estimates.
2. Increase saving to $5000.00. Currently we are at 2600.00 dollars in savings. Last year we had about $1,200.00 in savings, so we are making some progress.
3. Save $1200.00 for Christmas,Weddings, and Birthdays. This year, we took a hit our budget with unplanned weddings and some special birthdays. Going to do better this year. Christmas I will still plan to keep it around $500.00
4. Save $2000.00 for a trip to Las Vegas in Spring. We have been planning for a while to take a trip to Las Vegas this Spring. These plans are sorta on hold. It depends on mom's health and if she still want to go to Wisconsin for dad's final resting place.
5. Begin contributing to my Roth again. I have not made any contributions to my retirement accounts since I lost my full time job almost 18 months ago. I have move all of my account to Vanguard and I will begin an automatic withdrawal from my checking to start in January 2013 of $200.00 per month.
6. After all of the above are accomplished, it will be time to apply all extra money (at least $7000.00) to our primary mortgage. The balance on our primary mortgage is $98,800. We want very much to reduce the mortgage to $90,000 by the end of the year.
I am looking forward to increasing my Net Worth this year as well!
Lets recap the above:
The amount of extra or redirected money need to accomplish these goals for 2013 is
credit card debt 4500.00
mortgage extra 7000.00 (or $580.00 extra per month)
Being able to visualize the Financial Goals I have set will help me to reach my goal for 2013!
What about you? Have you finalized your goals for 2013? I invite you to share them below to motivate and inspire others!
Subscribe by Email | Subscribe by RSS | Follow on Twitter