OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Math Is Not My Subject





Lesson learned.  Don't try to put together a blog post at work, especially when it is math related.  Yesterday I had a lot of down time at work.  So I worked on my Net Worth for January 2013.  When I finished it, I myself was very impressed with my growing Net Worth, which should have been my first clue that something was not right.  I went ahead and posted it and it was definitely miscalculated. Thanks Sluggy and Tanner for keeping me honest.   I have corrected it and and now moving on.

Oh, and yes we are upside down in our rental house.  We refinanced before the bubble burst to put my husband through school and *poof* the market tanked!  We still managed to buy our new home 18 months ago with the upside down mortgage on the rental.  At the time I was working full time at a stable job for over 8 yrs and my income was enough to cover both mortgages.  But, oh how things change!

But, God is in control even when I am not.  So, I have learned to take it one day at a time and do the best I can for that day.  I still like to plan for the future and set goals and dates for this and that but my experience is that God takes care of my family's needs no matter how bad my math is.

That does not stop me from setting goals as I like to see the progress that I have made.  I just don't get to worked up about it when things don't always go my way.  If I did, I would pull my hair out.

Today I am going to try like heck to get at least five things listed for eBay before I take mom to her pre surgery appt and CT in Orlando.  After that, mom says she is going back to her home until her surgery on Friday.  But that can change.  If she does go home tonight, I think I can get a few more things listed this evening.  We will see......

I have to work the  rest of the week... with Friday off of course for mom's surgery.      We are hoping she is only in the hospital for a couple of days after that.

Off to take pictures for eBay..... have a great Tuesday!

Proof of my math Challenges

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Games are very popular and provide entertainment for all kinds of people. Most homes have at least a single gaming platform. Obviously that shouldn't mean that you already are aware of everything there is to understand about video games. Use this article to provide you with some great recommendations to enhance all that your video games have to offer.

Take a few breaks when you start playing a game that you're not able to step away from easily. Online Games are addicting and can damage your overall health. Playing a game should remain fun and light-hearted. Think you're addicted? Seek help.

Start out as a rookie when playing sports games. These games can be very tricky and intricate, so you will want to learn as much as you can before increasing the toughness. After playing for a few weeks, you can begin to make it more challenging by increasing the level of difficulty.

Try gaming with your kids. This can be a great way to bond with any children in the household and it's fun, as well as safe. You will also have the opportunity to ensure the games your kids play are appropriate for your family.

If you are viewing a how-to video online, make sure you thoroughly understand what you are doing. Avoid any deviation in technique, as the slightest difference can add up to disaster. A full screen view will help you to understand all of the details involved in the game.

Research and understand the rating system used for online games. Some games are not meant for children, so consider this fact when shopping for games. Each game will have a specific rating ranging from Early Childhood (EC) to Adults Only (AO). Be sure to choose an appropriately-rated game, especially if it is a gift designed for someone else.

With a game that's fairly popular it can be tempting to buy everything out there for it like expansions and upgrades right when you begin playing. This can be expensive! Try maintaining discipline. Wait until you have played through the game before purchasing additional content.

If you are buying a new games playstation, make sure that everything works after you purchase it. Even if you're not going to use every accessory for it, check the various ports to see if they're in working condition. If you discover a problem months after your purchase, such as a broken headphone jack, you won't be able to exchange the xbox for a new one.

The cost of a game is an important part of your purchase decision. Just because a game is expensive, doesn't necessarily mean it's the best one for you. Read game descriptions carefully to help you make a solid game buying decision. In addition, you should check out online reviews. Avoid buying something when you have doubts or not completely sure about it.

It can be tempting to go all out buying expansion packs, add-ons and upgrades for your new game. This can get very pricey! Instead, be disciplined with your spending. Check out what you've got in the game you bought and only add on what you can afford.

Figure out how to operate the safety and parental controls of any gaming system that comes into your home. You can likely make adjustments that keep kids from viewing mature content. Some allow each gaming profile to be customized separately, allowing adults to enjoy games not meant for younger audiences.

You can enjoy video games just for fun, or you can get a world of education and enrichment from them. Hopefully you have learned all you need to understand about video games from this article.

sluggy said...

Well taking refi cash for schooling explains it.....I did not know. And don't be beating yourself up over it, alot of folks got caught up in bad timing/bubble popping/recession crap. I truly believe hings work out one way or another. You make your priorities in life and do the best you can.....let's all any of us can do.

I'm praying this latest difficulty for your mom goes well and she's well and home quickly.


PS. I didn't know you had another blog and you were a thrift store hound/reseller? That's a good talent to have.....albeit dangerous in some people's hands(mine).lol

peppylady (Dora) said...

Toward the end of the month I like to
adventure out and stop in some different blogs and I came over from
“Carlas” blog “My half dozen daily” and/or “It's Me
Sam...Your title for this post caught my eye “Math is not my
subject” well I'm no math wiz...but it been a verrrry long time
since I balance a check. Even before I had any children and the
oldest one will be 25 in September.

I have to honestly say I'm not sure
what our net worth is. But I figure it doesn't matter much...Anyhow
we like living frugally.

If you fine the time stop in for a cup
of coffee

http://peppylady.blogspot.com/

CentsToSave said...

The refi for education has worked out for the long run. Husband has a great job he loves. Previous to that he drove a gas tanker. And at the time.... the refi was a great idea! lol!. Who knew everything would change so drastically. Oh well.... it will all work out.



Thanks for your prayers for mom. She is such a trooper... she amazes me everyday with her great attitude.



Oh yes.... I love thrift stores and reselling. It is a lot of work, but I do love it! Again.... my lack of math skills may be a huge stumbling block :)

Live and Learn said...

We certainly all make mistakes. I think it's good that you are trying to keep track of your finances and your net worth. It's about time for us to update our net worth.

I am sending good thoughts to your mother, you and your family.

ShareThis