OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

September No-Low Spend Challenge: Week 2

Two weeks into Carla's Low spend challenge and here is the damage so far.
 

 

Eating out: $94.00

Groceries: $ 233.00

My goal is to keep our groceries under $600.00 this month. I know, $600.00 is a lot for two adults and four dogs. But it is what it is. If I can stay under 600.00 dollars this month, then maybe I can get it even lower next month :-)

 

When I was keeping track of our grocery shopping earlier this year it was definitely a real eye opener! Our spending was out of control!

How are you doing with your grocery budget?

 

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I am really wanting to keep our grocery bill under $400 for two adults and a dog but I don't think I will be able to do it. This was a good week for grocery spending which means next week I'll need to spend more!

Lisa said...

I thing you are doing an important step in reducing your food spending cost--keeping track of it so you can see exactly where your food money goes. And remember, slow and steady wins the race.

Lisa said...

It is a amazing just how much we spend at the grocery store! Good luck on your grocery spending next week.

ShareThis