OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

14 Weeks Until Christmas!!


Does it seem possible that Christmas is only 14 weeks away?? The holidays will be here before you or I will realize it!

In order to get ready I will start my gift giving list. I have 6 grandchildren to shop for. Next month I will take the oldest granddaughter (she is 17) to the mall and with her help and insight, I am able to buy what her 4 siblings will like AND it will be size appropriate. I do have some smaller items such as lip glosses and socks put to the side that were purchased on clearance that I will add to their presents. My other grandchild, a teenage boy of 14 yrs will be getting either clothes or a gift card to a video game store. I have budgeted approximately 30 dollars per grandchild. We have a "Christmas Club" this year so our Christmas shopping will not directly impact our budget.
My own kids and their spouses will be getting gift cards. Maybe it is a cop out but I think this way they are able to get what they want. They will let me know what store they want the gift card from. I do throw in socks and underwear. Too Practical???
My parents..... they have everything and do not really want anything. My dad is happy with a gift card from Walmart... and my mom she likes her split up amongst different stores.

No comments:

ShareThis