OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Removing a Crutch


I finally did it. I did not think I could, but push come to shove, I managed to get rid of a costly "crutch". It was easier than I thought and even one day after the event I am doing okay. So what is the big deal...I finally cancelled my subscription to AOL. Yep, I was paying 26.00 dollars a month to AOL because ....... well, I guess because I don't like change. And... I have always had AOL and I felt comfortable with the platform it offered.




Anyway... I easily cancelled my subscription last night, I will only have to pay for this month and after that I will be able to divert the 26.00 dollars to debt reduction......or future projects.




I have to say, it is very freeing to let AOL go. I did not realize it was such a burder.

5 comments:

Paula said...

We held on to aol for the longest time too thinking we needed it several years ago. I know how you feel.

Michelle said...

I have had my aol address since 1994, so I have the free email account, but I stopped paying a while ago too.

Sonia said...

You can still use AOL for Free with Broadband, I have for yrs

Lisa said...

Hi Michelle,,

Yeah... I "knew" I could have AOL for free a long time ago..... it was just a mental block of some sort. : I am doing better now!

Lisa said...

Hi Sonia,
This whole free AOL is a lot easier than I thought it would be! :) Thanks

ShareThis