OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday Happenings

Today was another beautiful day. The sun was out and the sky was blue, temps were in the 70's. Could not ask for anything more. I went to CVS today at lunch. In the past, I was really into ECB's and coupons. I stockpiled a bunch of stuff and then I felt that I really did not need anymore for a while.


Well, now my stockpile has dwindled down to a small amount of supplies. So, I thought today I would get back in the game so to speak. My first purchase was the Colgate Toothpaste for 3.99 and get 3.99 in ECB's in return. Then, I picked up three St. Ives hand lotions that were 3/10.00 and get 3.00 ECB in return. After the 3.99 ECB from the toothpaste, I ended up paying a little over 6.00 dollars. Next, I went back and got the two Oil of Olay body washes for 10.00 dollars. After using the 3.00 ECB I ended up spending a little over 7.00 dollars for both.


Using my receipts, I estimate that I would have paid over 35.00 full price for the above items, After using my ECB's and the sale prices, I ended up spending about 18.00 dollars PLUS I still have a 5.00 ECB to use next week.


I did go a little overboard, it was a flashback of sorts when I would get caught up in the saving money frenzy! I will need to watch it in the future. I am hoping that Dove conditioner will go on sale next week, I really need to stock up on that.


Did not pay tolls today, I forgot my toll pass in my husband's car so I had to go out of my way a bit, but did save 2.00 dollars by doing so.

Survivor is on tonight! Love that show!



~~~Wednesday Highlights~~~

  • Beautiful weather
  • Pleasant work day
  • Survivor is on tonight

No comments:

ShareThis