1. Pay off credit card debt this year. Yep, it has got to go. We have about $11,5000 in stupid credit card debt. The Credit Card debt has been as low as 7,900.00 and as high as 13,000.00. Today it is at $10,000.00
2. Increase Emergency Savings from $1000.00 to $3000.00. Right now our emergency fund carries about $1200.00, but by the end of the year we would like to increase that to $3000.00 for a little more piece of mind. Emergency savings is at 2600.00.
3. Building online income. My work situation has changes totally.
4. Christmas 2012. I again will be working my $500 Holiday Challenge. I was able to stay pretty close to the spending/ shopping budget this year, so I am pretty happy about that. Acquiring gifts all year round at deep savings really helped the bottom line. I did get a few things in February, but still not up to speed or where I should be.
5. Have more fun! Life is short and I know that saving money, budgeting, and being frugal is important. But.... having fun and enjoying life is just as important! Living in Central Florida provides many opportunities to visit theme parks and be a kid again. We have not yet decided which park we are going to get a year long pass for, but I am leaning towards SeaWorld. And next year.... Disney World. I will be getting passes for me, my husband and my grandson. Money well spent. It is getting cooler now, so we can start using our SeaWorld passes again.
6. Plan a Trip out West. We want to go to San Francisco, visit Alcatraz ( I find that place to be very fascinating), Cross the Golden Gate Bridge, to name a few. It may not happen this year, but it will happen. I plan to save at leat $4000.00 dollars towards this goal. Probably no big trips this year. :(
7. Roth IRA..... hello.... you remember me, don't you? My retirement planning has taken a BACK seat lately. Time to get all that back under control. I have a 401k with a previous employer that I need to do something with..... and I do recall a Roth IRA too. I am a huge slacker when it comes to this stuff. Help please. Fail.
11. Get our wills done. Enough said. Nope, not yet.
Subscribe by Email | Subscribe by RSS | Follow on Twitter