Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

ER Adventure

 Last night was another long evening.  It all started yesterday afternoon when my husband told me he was not feeling well.  This was after he left my parents house and went out to our house to get some of the remodeling done.   He then said that when he finished the clean up, that he was going to take himself to the ER near the house....

My husband avoids going to the doctor like the plague.  When he says he is taking himself   to the ER, well... he really does not feel well.  Needless to say, I was concerned.  But here I am at my parents house 30 miles away and I can't leave them alone.    My mind was going a hundred miles an hour trying to figure out a way to get me out to my husband and someone here to watch my parents. 

I called J, my oldest.  He was working nearby and filled him in on the situation.  He was willing to come over, but he needed someone to pick up his step daughter after school and watch her.  So, I called my daughter and son-in law and they offered to pick up the step daughter and bring her to their house so J could come to my parents. 

As soon as everyone had a place to be and my parents were covered I took off to my house to meet my husband.  It takes about 30 minutes to get there, but I think I shaved a few minutes off my normal time. 

Come to find out, he had been monitoring his blood pressure for the last few days and it has been elevated.  (How did I miss this?)  When I took it at the house, it was 160/101.  Yeah.... so off to the ER we went.  They checked him in and evaluated him and in about 30 minutes he was in a room.  

They did blood work, EKG, checked his sugar,  and monitored his vitals.  His BP stayed elevated, but everything else was perfect.    My husband has had issues with his BP in the past, but did not take his meds as directed.  And this is what happens when you don't..... it gets all wacky and you start to feel like crap. 

After about 2 hours in the ER, they decided that there was nothing critically wrong and that he should follow up with his primary doctor.  I will be calling to make an appt for him next week.  We will both be getting more exercise in because right now we just sit around my parents house waiting on them. 

It was a long evening, and I hope we don't have to do that again for a long time.

 Photo credit:  taberandrew
Subscribe by Email | Subscribe by RSS | Follow on Twitter


Carla said...

So glad he's ok! That's the last thing you need right now!

Sharon said...

Glad hubby is okay...yes BP medicine needs to be taken otherwise you start feeling lousy...

Hope your day gets better :)!

laura said...

I'm glad he's ok Lisa - deep breathes!

Pam at MoneyTrail said...

Glad he is ok. I hope that he is able to get it all straightened out at his appointment.

Invest It Wisely said...

Glad that it turned out OK and hope that he continues to do well. Health is so important!

CentsToSave said...

Thank you!